- Tournament to run for 14 nights.
- Games to be ECF graded.
- 2 games per night / plus 1 if required rescheduled game.
- 4 games against each league member.
- Entries to be split into two leagues.
- Uneven entries, league 2 to have the extra player.
- Qualification for leagues via long play grading for this year only; will revert to rapid play grading following year.
- 1 player to be promoted from league 2.
- 1 player to be relegated from league 1.
- All games must be played at the chess club on Rapid Play Nights.
- If games cannot be played it is the responsibility of the player who postponed the game to re-arrange; if this is not achievable that player will forfeit the game.
- New players to the club can join either league group depending on playing strength, games will be graded but result will not count towards the league.
A few rule reminders:😁
- 15 minutes / 10 second increment.
- Clocks to start @ 7.45pm
- Default time is zero.
- Tournament director / arbiter will decide where the chess clock is placed.
- If an illegal move is made the clock is to be stopped and the arbiter to be called; illegal move corrected and noted. Clock restarted. Two illegal moves made and the game is lost.
- Only the player whose clock is running is allowed to adjust the pieces.