Manx / Candidates 7 Round Swiss.
- Manx is a 6 round open swiss tournament.
- ECF rated.
- Entries close 5th January.
- All games to played at the club on the designated night.
- 2 byes can be taken. (byes taken will account against if there is tie for first place)
- A bye can not be taken on the last round if you are in contention to win the tournament.
Time of play:
- Round One – Clocks 7.30pm. (11/01/23)
- Round Two – Clocks 7.30pm. (18/01/23)
- Round Three – Clocks 7.30pm. (01/02/23)
- Round Four – Clocks 7.30pm. (08/02/23)
- Round Five – Clocks 7.30pm. (22/02/23)
- Round Six – Clocks 7.30pm. (08/03/23)
- Round Seven – Clocks 7.30pm. (22/03/23)
Rate of play:
- All moves in 75 minutes, plus 30 seconds per move from first move.
- The Chief Organiser is Glenn Cross.
- The Controller’s decision in all matters will be final.
Condition of entry / Personal Information:
- You must be a member of the English Chess Federation before entry can be accepted.
- All results will be submitted to the ECF for grading and it is a condition of entry that players agree to their grading information being published on the IOM Chess Club and ECF websites.
On the day:
- No smoking is allowed in the church or its grounds.
That’s all folks!